It wasn’t so many years ago that a long distance parenting plan was unheard of. In fact, when I started this website, it was because there was nothing accessible online. Now, however, there are a variety of sample long distance parenting plans, examples and worksheets available. Many of these are authored by state and local courts who have an interest in providing direction.
We offer a great guide for creating a Long Distance Parenting Plan and many states have guides and instructions available. However, once you’ve pulled together the basics, getting it into language that is useful in court is an additional exercise. This is where seeing some templates, examples and samples can be helpful. These could be adopted, in part, or used as an example for language in your own parenting plan.
- This is a sample long distance or out of state parenting plan from the Crook/Jefferson Circuit Court in Oregon. This is a word doc so you might get a warning from your browser or OS about verifying it is from a safe source before opening.
- This law firm page provides some sample language for long distance parenting plans.
- 6th Judicial district (Oregon) parenting plan template – Written for parents living more than 225 miles apart. Made available by a private law firm. This includes a basic template and long distance parenting plan example language.
- Schedule B Long Distance Parenting Time Guidelines : Specific to Fulton County OH, for distances over 150 Miles. However, this contains some good long distance parenting plan example language.
- Allocation of Parental Rights and Responsibilities Long Distance Parenting Schedule – This is also from Ohio and is specific to Lucas County. It also contains some good sample long distance parenting plan language.
- Utah Model Parenting Plans for Parent/Child Access – This is for Utah and contains a section on long distance parenting plans. Although the example language is crafted for Utah, it gives the ‘why’ for each sample language blurb so they could be adjusted easily.
- APPENDIX F Long Distance Parenting Schedule – Written for parents who live more than 150 miles apart, in Hancock county. It includes a lot of good sample long distance parenting plan language.
- LONG-DISTANCE PARENTING PLANS:NUTS, BOLTS & CAVEATS – It includes a sample long distance parenting plan with many great inclusions, beginning on page 14.